HAVO-equivalent secondary school diploma
One of the general admission requirements for all our 4-year Bachelor study programmes is a secondary school diploma, which is equivalent to the Dutch HAVO diploma. Examples of equivalent levels are the International Baccalaureate diploma or A-Levels. Your diploma will be evaluated after VHL University of Applied Sciences (VHL) has received your complete application. For more information about the Dutch evaluation of your secondary school diploma, please see the Nuffic diploma recognition.
Applicants with a non-Dutch diploma:
It is highly recommended that Chemistry is covered until the end of secondary school, but this is not a mandatory admission requirement. This means that if your diploma does not have a final examination in Chemistry, you can catch up on the missing knowledge with specific modules that are included in the programme. You need to successfully complete these modules in the first year.
Applicants with a Dutch diploma:
Please go to our Dutch page for the specific admission requirements.
All international students must provide proof of their English proficiency by submitting one of the following documents:
• IELTS Academic test with an overall band score of 6.0 and no sub-scores below 5.0
• TOEFL iBT with a score of 80 or above (test to be taken in an examination centre)
• Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE): pass at grade C or above
• Cambridge First Certificate (CFE): pass at grade B/C or above
Please note that tests results older than two years are not accepted.
The following students are exempt from providing proof of their English language proficiency:
• Applicants with a sufficient Dutch certificate
• Applicants from Austria, Belgium (Flanders), Denmark, Germany, Estonia, Finland, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Norway, Romania, Slovakia and Sweden who have obtained one of the following certificates, including a final examination in the subject of English
• Applicants with an International Baccalaureate with a final examination in English A Language and Literature
• Applicants who have completed at least three years of English-taught education, including a final examination in the subject of English in one of the following countries: Australia, Canada, Ireland, Kenya, New Zealand, South Africa, Uganda, United Kingdom, United States of America, Zimbabwe
If you do not meet the admission requirements or you are not sure whether you do, please contact [email protected] for more information.