In The Netherlands you pay an annual tuition fee. How much you need to pay depends on several factors:
- The study programme you choose
- Whether it is your first or second bachelor’s or master’s programme in the Netherlands
- Your nationality
Academic year 2024-2025
|Master Dairy and Food Chains||€ 2,530|
|Master River Delta Development||€ 2,530|
|Other Master programmes||€ 13,750*|
*The amounts mentioned for the other Master programmes and Certificates are from the 2023-2024 academic year and will be updated shortly.
Please note that the non-European tuition fees and costs mentioned below are all from the 2023-2024 academic year and will be updated shortly.
|Academic year 2023-2024||International Agribusiness and Trade||Other Bachelor Programmes & Certificates|
|Tuition fee||€ 7,900||€ 8,900|
|Visa + permit 1)||€ 210||€ 210|
|Insurance||€ 500||€ 500|
|Administration fee||€ 350||€ 350|
|Deposit: IND norm 2)||€ 11,500||€ 11,500|
|Total payment||€ 20,460||€ 21,460|
|Refund: IND norm, transferred to your bank account 3)||€ 11,500||€ 11,500|
|Paid fee||€ 8,960||€ 9,960|
|Innovative Dairy Chain Management||River Delta Development|| |
Other Master Programmes
|€ 8,500|| |
Visa + permit 1)
|€ 210|| |
|€ 500|| |
|€ 350|| |
Deposit: IND norm 2)
|€ 11,500|| |
|€ 21,060|| |
Refund: IND norm, transferred to your bank account 3)
|€ 11,500|| |
|€ 9,560|| |
1) Visa extension € 210 a year (tariff 2023). Please note that a visa will be issued for the nominal study period. Students who do not finish their studies within the nominal study period need to ask for an extension.
2) IND norm is established by the Dutch government every 6 months and is subject to increment. Please note that the IND requires you to have sufficient financial resources every subsequent academic year, equal to the set IND norm for that year. More information can be found on the website of the IND
3) In order to receive a residence permit, you have to show you have sufficient money to live and study in the Netherlands (IND norm). You will receive a refund of this deposit after arrival and opening of a Dutch bank account.
Students from Surinam pay the same tuition fee as Dutch students.
VHL University of Applied Sciences (VHL) University of Apllied Science bank account details
st. Hogeschool VHL
ABN AMRO bank
Account no. (IBAN): NL31 ABNA 055 93 37 019
BIC/SWIFT code of bank: ABNANL2A
Please always state your name and the reference number of your admission letter with your payment.
We prefer student pay by direct debit, you will be able to indicate in Studielink (Dutch website) how you are going to pay. For students with a SEPA bankaccount, it is also possible to pay in five terms.
Payment of your tuition fees must have taken place before the start of your programme. The tuition fee will cover all educational costs apart from books, readers and excursions. The tuition fee can be subject to a yearly increment. VHL University of applied sciences cannot be held responsible for any changes in prices.